The Restaurant Association of New Zealand is the link between good food and good business. We’re passionate about our vibrant industry and committed to providing specific industry events to create a platform for achievement, a place where we can recognise excellence and reward those that make it happen.
KEY DATES 2023
Tuesday 25 July
Sunday 20 August
Finalists Announced/Voting Opens
Tuesday 22 August
Sunday 3 September
Awards Winners Announced
Sunday 17 September
More answers to all your burning questions below...
Nominations open Tuesday, 25 July at 7.00pm and close on Sunday, 20 August at 5.00pm.
Anyone working in the Waikato hospitality industry can fill out a nomination form. The ‘industry’ encompasses all owners and workers at hospitality establishments and their direct suppliers. If you are unsure whether you are eligible to submit a nomination form, please email email@example.com.
You are asked to give your name, email address, and company name when submitting your nomination form.
Only those working within the hospitality sector in Waikato are eligible to nominate, but we have a few rules in place to keep it fair:
• You can nominate anyone working in the Waikato hospitality industry;
• No individual is entitled to nominate themselves or the establishment they work for;
• You can nominate your fellow colleagues/workmates;
• Each establishment can only submit five nomination forms per business, any forms received over and above this will be disregarded;
• We want to give everyone an even chance at recognition, so if your business is part of a group, only the first 5 votes across the whole group will count: Business within a group will count as one company so will only eligible for the 5 votes under the existing rules.
• We qualify and confirm details for each nomination to keep it fair. Any stacked nominations will be discarded...we'll be watching...
The Waikato Hospitality Awards is open to all members of the industry...
However, it does pay to become a member of the Restaurant Association as there are a whole raft of benefits that can help you and your business.
As a member you will receive access to our exclusive 24/7 Helpline and valuable tools and resources, discounts and savings from our fantastic partners, brand exposure on our Dinefind website, access to education, training and professional development on all the latest food & beverage trends and much much more!
CLICK HERE for more details on becoming a RA Member.
Nominations received by industry are qualified, and finalists are confirmed by the Restaurant Association of NZ.
Final voting opens on Tuesday, 22 August until Sunday, 3 September.
Same rules apply for the voting form as they do the nomination form.
Anyone working in the Waikato hospitality industry can fill out a voting form. The ‘industry’ encompasses all owners and workers at hospitality establishments and their direct suppliers.
PLEASE NOTE - You may only submit five voting forms per business, any forms following that will be disregarded.
Anyone! The awards night is a celebration of the industry as a whole. We encourage people from all sides of the industry to come along.
Tickets are $95 (for RA members) or $105 for non members and includes the awards evening event, beverages and substantial eats.
PLEASE NOTE - Ticket numbers are strictly limited (due to venue capacity) so avoid missing out by purchasing your tickets early.
We’ll be popping a few bottles of champers, so yes - the awards evening on Sunday 17 September is R18 only.